- 1 lb farm-raised tilapia
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 lemon
- Season fillets with salt. Let rest for 20 minutes in the refrigerator.
- While fillets are resting, cut the lemon. Take 3/4 of the lemon, cut into wedges, and set aside. Take the remaining 1/4 and cut into small slivers.
- Preheat sauté pan on medium-high heat. Melt butter in the pan until color changes to brown.
- Add lemon slivers and fillets to the pan.
- Cook until fillets are cooked about 90%, about 4–6 minutes, depending on fillet thickness.
- Flip fillets and immediately remove the pan from the burner. The heat in the pan will finish cooking fillets in a couple of minutes.
- You will know fillets are done when the flesh is opaque and flakes with a small amount of pressure from a fork.
- Remove from pan and serve with sides and a lemon wedge.