Grilled Paddlefish Kebabs with Zesty Mojo Sauce
- 16 ounces paddlefish, 1 inch cubes
- 1 1/2 cups fresh pineapple, chunks
- 1 large red bell pepper, 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, 1 inch pieces
- 1/3 cup + 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 lime + 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- salt and crushed red pepper
1. Place 1/3 cup olive oil, orange juice, lime juice, garlic, and cilantro in a food processor. Process until fully mixed. Add salt and crushed red pepper to taste. Set 1/3 of the marinade aside for later.
2. Place fish in the marinade and marinate for 25 minutes. Do not marinate for more than an hour.
3. Thread fish, pineapple, onion, and bell peppers on 6 to 8 skewers. Season with salt and drizzle the remaining 2 tsp of olive oil over the kabobs.
4. Once your grill is ready place the kabobs on the grate over direct heat for 2-3. Turn and finish grilling the kabobs over indirect heat until the fish is done.
5. When your fish is opaque in color remove from the heat, brush with reserved marinade and serve immediately with a wedge of lime. Any extra reserved marinade can be used for dipping.
Any firm white fish can be substituted for paddlefish meat.
If you do not like spicy foods substitute ground black pepper for crushed red pepper.