Jamaican Jerk Carp
- 2 lbs skinned carp fillets
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- Juice of 1 lime
- Combine herbs and spices in a small bowl.
- Rub fillets generously with spice mix, then place them in a re-sealable plastic bag.
- Add lime juice to the bag.
- Seal the bag and shake to combine all ingredients.
- Marinate 20–60 minutes. (Do not exceed a 60-minute marinade time or the acid in the juice will begin to “cook” the fish causing it to fall apart on the grill.)
- Grill over a hot fire until fish is opaque and flaky.
- Separate and remove bones from fish with a fork.