Baked Fish Creole
- 3 lbs. hybrid striped bass
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 Tbsp chopped bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 dried thyme, crushed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 2 cups hot water
- 6 cups cooked rice
- Melt butter over medium-low heat in a large, heavy skillet.
- Add flour, stirring constantly, until the mixture is browned.
- Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic.
- Continue cooking, stirring often, until vegetables soften.
- Add tomato sauce, parsley, bay leaf, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Arrange fillets in a shallow baking pan; cover with sauce.
- Bake at 350° F for 25–30 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Serve over cooked rice.