- Fresh farm-raised Atlantic salmon or rainbow trout
- Fettuccine or linguini pasta
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1–2 Tbsp olive oil
- Onion (sweet or red)
- Fresh spinach
- 1 Tbsp capers
- Lemon (zest 1–2 tsp)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Other optional veggies: cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, green onions
- Preferred seasonings (e.g., Italian, paprika, garlic powder, fresh cracked pepper)
1. Preheat the oven to 450° F. Season salmon with salt and pepper. Place salmon, skin side down, on a non-stick baking sheet or in a non-stick pan with an oven-proof handle. Place several pads of butter on the top of each fillet.
2. When oven is ready, bake until salmon is cooked through, about 12–15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile begin cooking pasta and set timer to al dente. Save 1 cup of leftover pasta water.
4. Sauté onions and mushrooms (if choose to use them) in olive oil and 1 Tbsp butter until browned. Add in pasta water.
5. Add in lemon zest, spinach and green onion and simmer for 5 minutes. Add salt and other preferred seasonings to taste (salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, paprika).
6. When fish is done, sprinkle parmesan cheese over the top.
7. Place sauce over fettuccini, and fish atop (remove skin if preferred). Garnish with a few extra capers.