Grilled Honey-Dijon Salmon
- 2 skin on salmon fillets (~ 6 oz. each)
- 2 Tbsp Italian dressing
- 2 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Sprinkle salt & fresh ground pepper
- 2 lemon slices
- 2 parsley sprigs
- water-soaked apple or maple wood chips (optional)
1. Combine Italian dressing, mustard, and honey. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set marinade aside.
2. Rinse salmon fillets and check for pin bones. Remove pin bones.
3. Pat dry and brush with marinade. Do not marinade skin. Refrigerate for 20 – 30 minutes.
4. Prepare the grill. Preheat the grill until thoroughly heated. Clean grill with brush and wipe the grate with a damp towel to remove the sooty buildup.
5. Dampen a paper towel with vegetable or olive oil and brush over hot grate. If using wood chips: add to coals.
6. Place salmon fillets, skin side down, on the oiled grate, directly over medium heat coals. Cover the grill and cook for about 5 minutes.
7. Gently turn the fillets over. While it finishes cooking, use a fork to peel off and discard the skin. Continue grilling for another 4 -5 minutes. If using a thermometer, cook to 145 F (internal temperature). If not, cook just until the fillet at the thickest point flakes when gently pressed.
Do not use mesquite wood chips if apple or maple wood chips are unavailable.