Grilled Rainbow Trout with Apricot Salsa
- 1 lb farm-raised rainbow trout
- 1 coup fresh apricots, diced
- 1/2 cup avocado, diced
- 3/4 cup fresh pineapple, diced
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 1/4 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, combine apricots, avocado, pineapple, and red bell pepper.
- Sprinkle with lime juice and cilantro; toss to combine and chill mixture at least one hour.
- Grill trout fillets on an oiled grate for 2 minutes.
- Turn fillets and grill for 2 more minutes, or until fish turns opaque.
- Remove fillets to a serving plate; top each with a quarter of the apricot salsa.
- Serve immediately.
Add 1/2 cup chopped cilantro leaves to 6 Tbsp of olive oil. Mix and let sit for 30 minutes. Spread on fillets and let sit until you are ready to grill.