Classic Fried Catfish
- 4 farm-raised catfish fillets
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- vegetable or peanut oil
- 1 sliced tomato
- Parsley sprigs
1. Combine cornmeal, flour, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
2. Coat fillets with mixture, shaking off excess.
3. Heat 1 inch of oil to 350° F in a skillet.
4. Fry fillets in single layer until golden brown (5–6 min)
5. Remove from oil and pat dry.
6. Garnish with tomato and parsley.